The Hatters are back in action tomorrow afternoon as Graeme Jones’ side welcome Bristol City to Kenilworth Road.
After losing 2-0 against Derby County just before the international break, Town are fully focused on bouncing back in front of a sold-out home crowd.
Prior to the defeat at Pride Park, the Hatters earned four points against Blackburn Rovers and Millwall respectively, form they hope to rekindle.
Bristol City come into the game in good form, having lost just once in their 11 Championship matches so far in the 2019/20 campaign.
They arrive at Kenilworth Road on the back of a 1-0 victory against Reading at Ashton Gate, also knowing a victory could take them top of the Championship.
International supporters will be able to stream and follow the game at Kenilworth Road live on iFollow Hatters. Subscribers can also tune into Simon Pitts’ full match commentary as well.
GRAEME JONES SAID:
On Lee Johnson: “I know Lee’s teams really well. I played against him quite a lot as a player. He was a ballsy character as a player. I think he has taken that approach into management, you can see his work, I think he has been there four years in February, you can see his work in his team, which is what you get when you get time in a job – you have to earn the right to get time in a job.
“They have improved on last season and they’re going to be a very difficult opponent tomorrow at Kenilworth Road. We will need to be at our very best, I can tell you that. but we need to make it an intimidating atmosphere, we need the crowd tomorrow, we need a fully committed Luton Town on the pitch and off the pitch because Bristol City are one of the best teams in the league.”
On familiar faces in the Robins’ ranks: “Ashley Williams who I know from my time at Swansea is there. They have got some good players, some really good players and so have we. The Championship is the most competitive league in the world and that means anybody can beat anybody and we have already shown we can compete at this level and we will be ready to do that tomorrow.”
Promoted as League One champions in 2015, Bristol City have remained a Championship side ever since, bettering their league position each season since Lee Johnson took charge. The 38-year-old is striving towards finishing inside the play-off places, having finished just outside in eighth place last season.
WHEN AND WHERE?
Kick-off is 3pm at Kenilworth Road on Saturday 19th October.
MAN IN THE MIDDLE?
The referee for Saturday’s game is Graham Scott – who has taken charge of six games this season, dishing out 18 yellows cards and two reds.
Tickets for this game are sold out.
Luton have faced the Robins 57 times in all competitions, the last time being a 3-1 victory in the first round of the League Cup in 2015.
Bristol City narrowly hold the upper hand with 21 wins, Luton have 19 wins and the two have shared drawn 17 times.
· The Hatters Hideout – FIFA 20, table football, board games and arts and crafts are just a few items to enjoy in our family room.
· Outside Family Zone – new for season 19/20, our outside family zone has been renovated to create a place for families to eat and play games. It is also home to our Happy Harry Shack, which sells a range of refreshments and pocket money retail items.
· Library Scheme – new for season 19/20, Junior Hatters can sign up to our free library scheme, with access to a range of new and used books.
· Happy Harry Lunch Bags – available for pre-order so lunch is all sorted ahead of the game!
· Ispy Sheets – there are two versions of ispy sheets for our Junior Hatters to try and complete on their visit to Kenilworth Stadium. Ispy sheets can be found in the Hatters Hideout or are available to download via the Junior Hatters webpage.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
The main blow-by-blow action account of the action from Kenilworth Road will be provided via the Match Centre on the club website, which you can access by clicking here.
The main moments from the game will appear on the Hatters’ social media feeds:
Twitter – @LutonTown
Facebook – www.facebook.com/LutonTown/
Instagram – www.instagram.com/ltfc_official/