We are delighted to reveal that CLIC Sargent have been voted as the Supporters' Charity of the year for 2019-20.
Yesterday, Club Supporters' Liaison Officer John Miller welcomed Karen Olden, Fundraising Engagement Manager to Kenilworth Road to begin planning activities for the forthcoming season.
Everyday across the UK, 12 children and young people are given the devastating diagnosis of cancer. It’s a shocking figure but CLIC Sargent Young Lives vs Cancer is there to help those families limit the damage cancer causes beyond their health.
CLIC Sargent is the UK’s leading cancer charity for children and young people aged 0 to 24. We provide specialist support to help and guide each young cancer patient and their family, offering a wide range of support including:
- Emotional support from the moment the doctor says cancer from our care teams
- Allowing families to maintain a normal home life by coordinating clinical care so that treatment can be given at home wherever possible
- Helping children and young people to maintain their education, employment and health
- Arranging financial support and giving grants to help with the extra costs of cancer
- Providing free accommodation at our Homes from Home near hospitals so families avoid travel and stay together
- Offering end of life support when a child dies
CLIC Sargent support families in your area. Last year we supported 66 families in Bedfordshire and the only way that we can continue to support them is with your help and support.
Why not take on Challenge60 this September. It’s themed around a young cancer patient’s 60 mile (average) commute, with a suggested fundraising target of £180 (the monthly cost of getting to and from hospital for our families when treatment is at its most intense).
All we ask is that you complete 60 miles, your way. Why not run 60 miles throughout September (two miles a day) or complete a 60 mile bike ride.
Take on Challenge60 and raise £180 to show your support for young lives against cancer this Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.