Recently we announced that Kenilworth Road would be moving to a cashless and paperless venue, with a new access system being introduced for entry to the stadium – starting with the visit of Portsmouth on Saturday 24th July.
While we have tried to keep supporters as informed as possible with regular updates and video walkthroughs as season cards and access technology has been installed, understandably this has promoted a number of enquiries.
We, with the help of our access control provider TeamCard, have put these FAQs together to answer your queries…
Why the change:
There are several reasons for us to move to Cards, but mainly:
- It makes us a contactless and cashless stadium.
- It gets us ready for our move to Power Court, as this technology is common in other venues across the world.
What are QR codes?
- A QR code is a version of a bar-code, it can be read much easier than a traditional bar-code.
What are Season Cards and what do they do?
- Season Cards replace our traditional booklets, and will last a minimum of 3 years, rather than one.
- They modernise how you, as a supporter, will enter the ground.
- Make it more secure whilst bringing us into the 21st century.
Who are TeamCard?
- TeamCard are the Access Control provider, and you may recognise them from attending The Open, Silverstone, Premier League grounds including Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge, and other high-profile venues.
What happens if I lose my Season Card?
- If you happen to misplace your card, or lose it, you will need to call in at the Ticket office in person.
- For a single game, we will happily print a ticket. However, if you have lost it completely there will be a £5 charge administration fee for a replacement.
What happens if I forget my Season Card on a matchday?
- As above, we will happily print a ticket for a single game. Your Season Card will be de-activated when a duplicate ticket is printed.
What happens if I change to become a Diamond Season Card holder?
- We will upgrade your card and exchange it for a new one.
What's the charge for a replacement?
- The replacement fee is £5 + postage.
What if it's worn after heavy use?
- Please ensure (just like any other card) that you keep your season card safe and secure. However please contact the Ticket Office if this is the case.
What happens if I am denied entry on matchday?
- Please report to the nearest Steward or the Ticket office. The Turnstile Operator will not have access to allow entry.
What if I change seats for non EFL games?
- If you change seats for non EFL games you will be issued with either an alternative digital or thermal ticket to gain access and your Season Card will be cancelled, allowing us to re-sell your seat.
Can I do… How do I…?
Can I purchase items with my card? And is there a loyalty scheme?
- This is currently not possible, however we are looking at ways we can make this work.
- You can use your card to prove you are a season ticket holder, for your club shop discount.
Can non EFL games be loaded on the card and allow me entry?
- Yes, this is possible.
Can I use the cards at away games?
- No, your Season Card is valid for Kenilworth Road only.
Will I be required to carry ID?
- It is recommended. If you are a holder of a concession ticket of any sort you may be requested to show this for proof of date of birth.
Can my junior card be used for an adult?
- Please contact the ticket office to upgrade your card for one day. There will be a charge for this.
How do I print at home?
- For Print at home tickets, either download the ticket on to your phone OR to your device then press print – if you have a printer.
- Alternatively you can use Google / Apple wallets.
Can I use Apple / Google wallets?
- Yes – this is probably the easiest way to store your ticket.
Can I use the Luton Town App?
- The Luton Town App is currently operated by EFL Digital, therefore it is not possible to use it to gain access to the ground.