Return to Football - Important Information for Supporters
Following recent changes to Government policy, and while Luton remains under 'Tier 2' restrictions, we are absolutely delighted to be able to welcome season ticket holders back to Kenilworth Road. For now, capacities are still limited. Our first game with supporters was for 1,000 invited season ticket holders only against Norwich City on Wednesday 2nd December. This 'Pilot' event was successful, and we are delighed to be able to invite 2,000 supporters back per game on a rotational basis, in line with Government regulations from our match against Preston North End on the 12th December.
Access to the live iFollow stream of each home league match, and midweek away fixtures, will continue for all season ticket holders until the point where we are able to welcome everyone back into the stadium at the same time.
It’s important to remember that while we have a significantly reduced capacity, things will operate in a different way to how you have become accustomed. We have had to make a lot of changes to make sure we are able to have you back safely. This will be the first time supporters have been to Kenilworth Road since last February.
Supporters will have an important part to play in this process - and will act as ambassadors for Luton Town when they return to the ground.
Our teams are going to be working extra hard to make sure games goes well, so we can keep bring you back to matches, but we can only do this with your help and cooperation. Please read the information below carefully, as you’ll play an important role in helping things to run smoothly.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY OF THE COMMON SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19. These are documented on the NHS website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU CAN'T COME:
If you are unable to attend a match that you are invited to, please let the ticket office know by email as soon as you possibly can. If you do not let us know, we are unable to re-allocate your space in the stadium, which would otherwise allow other supporters to attend in your place.
If you are invited to attend, everyone in your group will be required to complete an online pre-screening questionnaire prior to the match. A link to the questionnaire will be sent by email in advance, and you should complete the form by the advertised deadline for the match you will be attending.
Your tickets will not be released until you have completed this questionnaire, so it is important that you complete the form in good time.
TRAVELLING TO THE STADIUM:
We would recommend travelling to the stadium by car, within your groups as far as possible. As on a normal matchday, car parking is reserved for players, staff and commercial members.
Please refer to the ‘Getting to Kenilworth Road’ section on our website for local car parks: https://www.lutontown.co.uk/supporters/getting-to-kenilworth-road/ . While completing your journey to the stadium, please observe social distancing guidelines and do not gather in groups outside of your own household / support bubbles.
ARRIVAL TIME & ENTRY POINTS
We will contact you by email before the match to notify you of your designated arrival time, stand and turnstile to collect your tickets and enter the ground.
It is important that you arrive within your designated time which will be one of the following 20-minute slots, which will be included in your email.
When you arrive, please go to the allocated stand and turnstile number. The tickets for your group will be ready for collection by the group lead at the turnstile. Proof of ID for everyone in your group will be required.
- To keep you safe, everyone in your group will have their temperature checked. If your temperature is showing as high, you will not be given access to the ground.
- You are required to wear a face covering before entering the stadium and throughout your visit to Kenilworth Road.
- If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, then you must display an exemption pass when required. Please click here for an exemption pass.
HYGIENE & CLEANLINESS
- Please use the hand sanitising stations positioned around the stadium before entering, and throughout your visit to the ground.
INSIDE THE STADIUM
MOVING AROUND THE STADIUM
- Once you are in the stadium, stewards will direct you to your seats via specific routes. Please follow the directions, lanes, and signage – observing one-way flows, and social distancing at all times.
STAY IN YOUR SEATS
- You will be seated in a different seat to normal.
- If you need to pass someone in your row, please stand, and turn, passing back to back.
- Please stay in your seats throughout your visit.
- If you need to use the lavatory, please refer to stewards and signage to locate the nearest facilities, returning to your seat by the designated routes.
LEAVING THE STADIUM
- PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR SEATS AT THE END OF THE GAME.
Stewards will ask you to leave row by row, and block by block at the appropriate time to ensure that the stadium is vacated safely – and as quickly as possible. We thank you in advance for your patience.
- Please follow our stewards’ direction, and signage to exit the stadium via the appropriate routes.
- Unfortunately, our refreshment kiosks will NOT BE OPEN, and no food or beverages will be available to purchase within the ground. This is at the request of the safety authorities.
- As such we have temporarily relaxed our ground regulations. You may bring a small plastic bottle for soft drinks or water into the ground, and sandwiches or snacks in a bag no bigger than A4 in size. Individual paper takeaway hot drinks will be permitted. Please do not bring cans of drink, or flasks. You are not permitted to bring alcohol into the stadium.
We understand that your return to Kenilworth Road will feel different to usual, and we’re grateful to you for working with us to help ensure the match runs smoothly. Most of all, we are excited to see supporters back at Kenilworth Road once again. With your help, we’re confident that we can welcome more supporters back in the coming weeks.
In the meantime, we would ask that those supporters who don't have a ticket to attend a particular game, to please continue showing the brilliant support to the lads from home that you have throughout the pandemic by watching on iFollow Hatters at home, with access continuing for all home league matches and midweek away games until maximum capacity is permitted.
Thank you, Hatters!
Supporter Code of Conduct
As supporters return to Kenilworth Road, it is our priority to keep you safe if you attend a match with us. Many new processes and procedures have been put into place to ensure that our environment is as Covid-secure as it can be. We also require that supporters play their part, and agree to follow the 'Supporter Code of Conduct' when visiting the ground. Please click here to download a pdf of the Supporters Code of Conduct, to read it in full. Thank you.