The Hatters Under-18s progressed to the third round of the EFL Youth Alliance Cup (Southern Section) this afternoon with a 4-1 win at Gillingham, courtesy of goals from Josh Boorn, a pair from Coree Wilson and one from Tra Lucas.
Goalkeeper Jameson Horlick pulled off a few excellent saves, along with some resolute defending, to help Dan Walder's lads comfortably through the tie at Beeching Cross.
It capped a good day for the youth team, who saw first-year apprentice Wilson's goal against Northampton Town last month shortlisted for the LFE's Goal of the Month for August.
The Shortlist is...
• Goal A) Coree Wilson, LUTON TOWN v Northampton Town
• Goal B) Richard Afrane-Kesey, CHARLTON ATHLETIC v Hull City
• Goal C) Harry Kavanagh, PORTSMOUTH v AFC Bournemouth
• Goal D) Charlie O’Connell, PETERBOROUGH UNITED v Southend United
• Goal E) Jack Watson, DONCASTER ROVERS v Burton Albion
• Goal F) Dan Jones, FOREST GREEN ROVERS v Plymouth Argyle
• Goal G) Tali Jallow, MILTON KEYNES DONS v Southend United
• Goal H) Eliot Goldthorp, BRADFORD CITY v Chesterfield
Voting will remain open until noon on 20 September.
Meanwhile, a Hatters squad also travelled to west London to take on Brentford B at the Bees' training ground this afternoon, with Luke Berry scoring the game's only goal and James Shea saving a penalty in the 1-0 win.
The Hatters line-up was: Shea, Jones, Sheehan, Potts, Galloway, Butterfield, Mpanzu, Berry, Moncur, Lee, McManaman.