Vacancy – Academy Head of Coaching
Luton Town Football Club is seeking to appoint a full-time Academy Head of Coaching to join its thriving Category 3 Academy. The successful candidate will be responsible for the continued development, education and upskilling of all Academy coaching staff in accordance with the Coach Competency Framework (CCF).
Reporting to the Academy & Player Development Manager, the post-holder will;
- Oversee, monitor and update the CCF to ensure a highly effective development programme is applied for all Academy coaching staff
- Attend and commit to the Premier League’s Elite Head of Coaching (EHOC) Development Programme
- Maintain a clear and updated Training Needs Analysis (TNA) of each individual coach’s current and required level of performance
- Ensure each coach has a personalised Development Action Plan (DAP), which is tailored to meet their needs and that the coach embraces the document
- Provide 1:1 coaching in order to develop the individual coach’s skills
- Design and develop an effective coach evaluation process, including written and/or video feedback with the best available technology e.g. Captured
- Construct and deliver mid-season and end of season appraisals to coaches
- Provide cover at Academy coaching sessions and matches for absent coaches
- Be an integral part of the Academy Management Team (AMT) to ensure all relevant coaching requirements are met in tandem with the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP), including planning, design and implementation of the coaching syllabus throughout the phases
Job Title: Academy Head of Coaching
Location: The Brache Training Ground, Luton Ely Way Training Ground, Luton Away match venues
Contract: Full-time, fixed term.
Target start date – Thursday 1st August 2019
Remuneration: Competitive and commensurate with skills and experience
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please review the job description and submit an application form to Emily Howes, Academy Administrator, at email@example.com before 5.00pm on Friday 28th June
The shortlisted applicants will be invited to a formal interview in week commencing Monday 8th July
Luton Town is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. This post may require Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and may include checks against the Barred Lists, as such it is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared. Relevant information and / or documents will be distributed as part of the recruitment process.
Luton Town will contact the short listed applicant’s referees in advance of their interview and in accordance with its Safer Recruitment Policy.
Luton Town is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity.