Yesterday's 7-1 victory over Stevenage at Kenilworth Road was the Hatters' 1,000th home league win in the club's 132-year history - here's a few stats courtesy of iFollow Hatters commentator Simon 'Statto' Pitts to tell the story!
- The most common win is 1-0 which has occurred 163 times, narrowly beating 2-1 (159) and 2-0 (156).
- The only other scoreline to feature over 100 times is a 3-1 victory (104)
- Yesterday's 7-1 was the fifth time this has happened at home
- There are six scorelines that have only occurred once:
12-0 v Bristol Rovers 13/04/1936 Division 3 South
10-2 v Torquay United 2/9/1933 Division 3 South
9-3 v Lincoln City 18/12/1897 Division Two
7-4 v Oxford United 6/2/1988 Division One
7-3 v Blackburn Rovers 27/11/1954 Division Two
6-4 v Stockport 1/1/1938 Division Two
Luton have actually won four games despite conceding four goals at home.
Two are shown above and the other two were both 5-4 victories:
v Bristol City 7/1/1933 Division Three South
v Barnsley 9/10/1965 Division Four
- As for the split between divisions it's...
Top Flight 156 (47.4% of home games played in the division)
2nd Tier 352 (49.4%)
3rd Tier 380 (57.9%)
4th Tier 112 (58.6%)
...any finally the players with the most league victories at home:
134 Bob Morton
119 Gordon Turner
118 Brian Stein
110 Syd Owen
111 Ricky Hill
106 Mal Donaghy
105 Andy Rennie
102 Ron Baynham