Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports


9 February 2017

Match Reports


9 February 2017

Sponsored by

Town fell to a disappointing defeat at Creasey Park


Bola 20, Bush 69, Oyinsan 75


The Hatters development squad crashed out of the Bedfordshire FA Senior Cup at the semi-final stage as they were put to the sword by Dunstable Town in a 3-0 defeat at Creasey Park.

The visitors started brightly, with Jack Snelus testing Jack Smith in the Dunstable goal early on with a thumping effort from 20 yards, with the Dunstable man doing well to turn the ball away for a corner.

Tony Fontenelle’s side really grew into the game from that point and were unlucky not to go ahead when Jack Green’s well hit effort bounced off the top off the crossbar and out of play for a goal-kick to Town.

The hosts then took the lead 20 minutes in, when Vance Bola pounced on a loose ball on the edge of the Town box and hammered it past Craig King and into the net.

Both sides then went onto have a decent share of possession, but neither could carve open an opportunity, with Frankie Musonda dealing well with the presence of Josh Oyinsan whilst the Dunstable defence managed to cut off the supply to Zane Banton and Connor Tomlinson.

On the stoke of half-time, Kavan Cotter thought he had brought the game level as his shot from 20 yards looked bound for the top right corner, but Smith did well to palm the ball away from his goal.

It was Cotter again who had the next chance after half-time, bringing Smith into action, with the home keeper doing well to get two strong hands on the midfielder’s strike from inside the hosts’ box.

Tomlinson went close to bringing the game level just after the hour mark as the tricky forward carried the ball into the right side of the Dunstable box and shot, but once again Smith was there to get a decent save in.

With 69 minutes on the clock the hosts had doubled their lead, as Reynolds put a decent cross from the right into the Hatters box, which Shane Bush met acrobatically from 10 yards to give Dunstable a two-goal cushion.

Just six minutes later and the result was confirmed when Oyinsan tapped in from close range to round off the scoring.

Zane Baton had a chance late on to grab a consolation goal for his side as he managed to get through the Dunstable defence, but he smashed his effort straight at Smith, who palmed the ball into the ground and was able to gather at the second attempt.

HATTERS: King, Bean, James, Bakinson, Musonda, Mead, Cotter, Tomlinson (Shamalo 74), Banton, Snelus (Sorunke 74), Read. Subs not used: Phelan, Gooch, Murray.

Yellow card: Snelus

DUNSTABLE: Smith, Reynolds, Okita, Green (Talbot 81), Pepera, Olukanmi, Bush (Longe-King), Oyinsan, Bola, Green (Bossman 68). Subs not used: Risby, Odofin.

Advertisement block

Hatters Player Next Match Tickets Account