Academy offer apprenticeships for next season
The Hatters Academy would like to congratulate eight under-16 schoolboys who have been offered scholarships for the youth team next season.
Michael Shamola, Jack James, Ciaren Jones, Joe Mead, Ciaran Gordon-Stearn, Scott Belgrove, Kitan Sorunke and Arthur Read will all begin their two-year apprenticeship with Paul Driver in the summer after completing their GSCEs.
MEET THE NEW LADS:
• Michael Shamola. Striker from Luton who scored on his youth team debut against Southend and has been involved in the FA Youth Cup ties.
• Jack James. Right-back who is also able to play in attack. Made his U18s debut in October.
• Ciaran Jones. Left-sided centre-half is a Luton fan and is ballboy at Kenilworth Road every game. A Lealands High School find.
• Joe Mead. Centre-half and another Luton boy. Made his U18s debut in pre-season. Can also play full-back or defensive central midfield.
• Ciaren Gordon-Stearn. Goalkeeper from Walthamstow who signed for the Town following his release from Ipswich. Kept a clean sheet on his U18s debut v MK Dons in November.
• Scott Belgrove. Centre-forward from Milton Keynes who made his youth team debut last month. A hard-working striker has also been involved for the U18s this season.
• Kitan Sorunke. Midfielder or right-sided winger from Hemel Hempstead. Was called-up to a Nigerian U15-17 training camp in the summer. Can also play full-back.
• Arthur Read. Left-footed midfielder or winger from Leighton Buzzard. Skilful and versatile, he made his debut for the U18s against Orient in October.
Town academy and development manager Andy Awford said: “It is a great achievement for them individually as they have climbed another small rung on the treacherous and difficult ladder towards their overall aim of becoming first team players.
“There’s still a long way to go, but we will continue to nurture our young talent and hopefully see some of them on the hallowed turf in a few years’ time.”
Congratulations and good luck at Kenilworth Road to each and every one of you.