Town aim to bounce back to winning ways on Saturday
The stats you need to know ahead of Saturday’s game at Newport.
• The Hatters have won eight of their 28 games away to Newport, drawing six and losing 14.
• Newport have only lost one of the last seven meetings on home soil.
• However, the Hatters have only lost two of the last 11 meetings home and away against County.
• The Town last won at Newport in November 2011 thanks to a last-minute goal from Danny Crow.
• Newport haven’t won in 13 home League 2 games (D5, L8) since beating the Hatters 1-0 in March last season.
• Welshman Alex Lawless will make his 185th appearance for the Town if he plays any part in the game.
• Newport have drawn their last four games and are unbeaten in six matches.
• County’s home average league attendance is 2,627 – the sixth lowest in League 2.
• It will be the first time the Hatters visit Rodney Parade for a Saturday 3pm kick-off.
• No team has scored more goals away from home in League 2 this season than the Hatters’ 18.
• Lenell John-Lewis is County’s leading goalscorer with five goals. The striker has scored four goals in his last six games.
• The Hatters’ Josh McQuoid has been involved in seven goals in his last six games (four goals, three assists).
• Newport are only one of three clubs in the top five divisions not to have won at home this season (Aston Villa and Dagenham the other two).
• If games finished at half-time this season Newport would sit bottom of the table while the Hatters would be fifth.
• Newport have won three, drawn six and lost two under new manager John Sheridan. Prior to his arrival their record was one win, three draws and eight defeats this season.