Help Curtis Shaw play in a World Cup qualifier!
Hatters club shop employee Curtis Shaw is hoping to realise every footballer’s dream by playing in a World Cup qualifier next month.
The 27-year-old former Mansfield and Yeovil midfielder has been working for the Town’s retail department while playing semi-professionally.
And last month Shaw got a shock call-up to represent Dominica, the Caribbean island nation of just 73,000 people, in June when they take on Canada over two legs in a World Cup 2018 qualifier.
Dominica take on Canada at their Windsor Park home in the capital Roseau on 11th June before making the trip to Toronto for the second leg on five days later.
Curtis qualifies to play for the country, who are 165th in the FIFA World Rankings, through his grandparents – but Nottingham-born Shaw can only make the squad by funding the trip for the two-legged tie himself as the Dominican FA cannot pick up the tab for the cost of flights from European-based players.
However, to help him on his way, the Town have made a significant contribution towards Curtis’ trip, and if you like the sound of this story and fancy assisting him to, then you can do. All you need to do is click the following link http://www.gofundme.com/v865nbs
Everyone at Luton Town Football Club would like to wish Curtis all the very best of luck.
Who is Curtis Shaw?
• Midfielder came through the youth ranks at Kidderminster
• Was on the books as a professional at Mansfield and Yeovil
• Most recently played for Tamworth
• Island nation in the Caribbean sea
• Population of 73,000
• National team 165th in the FIFA World Rankings
• Have never qualified for a major tournament
• Beat British Virgin Islands 3-2 on aggregate to reach this stage