Luton Town Community Trust mission statement
Luton Town Community Trust has the following mission:
To promote community participation in healthy recreation by providing high quality affordable activities that improve health , are in the interests of social welfare and to provide a more active , healthy, socially inclusive and chesive community in Luton & Bedfordshire. The Luton Town Football Club Community Trust seeks to engages with all members of our community regardless of ability or disability , race , age , religion , gender or sexual orientation.
The trust aims to make a positive difference to all members of our community through the promotion of sport and learning opportunities.
Our main aims are:
- To maintain Luton Town Football Club at the heart of its community by providing health and educational opportunities to the wider community in accordance with its needs
- Build links between the Football Club and all sections of the community
- Offer innovative and exciting programmes to use sport as a tool to motivate and inspire individuals and local communities to improve health and a feeling of well being
- To work with individuals and partner organisations to establish strong links to enable the Trust to deliver programmes and projects that inspire individuals to improve academic achievement and employability
- Support player development pathways from grass root football to academy level
- Promote social responsibility and tolerance and provide support to those who need help in order that they have respect for their community and are encouraged to make positive contributions to their community
- Develop exciting and relevant projects and initiatives that respond to community needs and
- Maximise community facilities
Our main objectives are:
Promote the benefits of sports and activity from a physical , mental and social viewpoint for all participants of all ages , abilities and disabilities from school children to over 55’s through a comprehensive schools visit programme and other evening and week-end late night initiatives.
Offer a range of full time further educational courses for students aged 16 to 19 years in partnership with full time education providers as well as promote a number of numeracy and literacy programmes to schools and groups using the power of football to enthuse an motivate all members of our community.
Offer a range of healthy and engaging activity programmes addressing lifestyle choices and promoting the benefits of regular exercise and healthy diets to school children and families with the objective of improving long term health benefits.
Social Cohesion & Inclusion:
Offer a range of projects targeting marginalised or disadvantaged groups particularly teenagers and young men at risk of offending or already involved in youth gangs and violence. Our projects will also cover inclusion projects to reflect and promote integration amongst the diverse ethnic minority groups within our community as well as engaging with those community members suffering with mental issues , homelessness and disability.