Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
29 February 2020 Venue Kenilworth Road Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - Championship

Advertisement block

Advertisement block


Commentary to begin soon

There are currently no key moments to display.

Are you sure you want to delete this event?

Delete Cancel

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports


Collins scores 11th of the season from the spot to earn Town a point

29 February 2020

The Hatters scored a 90th minute equaliser to rescue a point against Stoke City at Kenilworth Road this afternoon.

James Collins’ penalty cancelled out Sam Vokes’ early strike and set up a grandstand finish, but neither side could find an elusive winner.

Town were limited to just a handful of chances throughout the match but seized their moment in the latter stages and now sit five points from safety.

Graeme Jones made one change to the starting line-up from the midweek victory against Brentford, with Izzy Brown replacing Luke Berry, who was absent through a slight niggle to his thigh.

Despite dominating possession in the early stages, Town fell behind in the 9th minute as Vokes turned in from close range. Joe Allen found space inside the box, cut the ball back to Tommy Smith, who’s delivery was met by the Welsh international first time.

Stoke were searching for a quick second as Ince found himself through on goal five minutes later, but Simon Sluga was able to deny him with an outstretched leg.

The Hatters continued to see plenty of the ball and almost orchestrated the perfect move. Glen Rea switched the ball out wide to Martin Cranie, who took a touch before crossing for Collins, whose acrobatic effort fell kindly towards Harry Cornick, but his header was tame and saved with ease by Jack Butland.

Barring an early chance for Ince in the second half, chances were few and far between for both sides until the 70th minute when the Hatters had the ball in the back of the net, though celebrations were quickly ended.

Substitute George Moncur had a shot from the edge of the box which Butland parried into the path of Cornick, who fired his effort into the roof of the net before the linesman put his flag up.

The game seemed to be petering out until the last minute of normal time, when Luke Bolton burst down the right-hand-side and picked out fellow substitute Callum McManaman, who was brought down in the box and referee Andy Woolmer pointed to the spot.

Collins took responsibility and sent Butland the wrong way. Five additional minutes were played at the end of the game but the Hatters couldn’t find the winner they were searching for.

Town travel to Wigan Athletic next Saturday in search of a third away win this season, whilst Stoke face Hull City.


TOWN: Sluga, Cranie, Pearson, Carter-Vickers, Potts (McManaman 73), Tunnicliffe, Rea (Moncur 58), Mpanzu, Brown (Bolton 66), Cornick, Collins (C)

Substitutes: Stech, Hylton, Shinnie, Bree

Goals: Collins (90)

Yellows: Potts


STOKE: Butland, Smith, Batth, Chester, Martins-Indi, Ince (Collins 85), Allen (C), Cousins, Clucas, Powell (Thompson 75), Vokes (Gregory 73).

Substitutes: Davies, Lindsay, Oakley-Boothe, Campbell

Goals: Vokes (9)

Yellows: Clucas


Referee: Andy Woolmer

Attendance: 10,070 (1,040 away fans)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Hatters Player Next Match Tickets Account