Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
10 November 2018 Venue Kenilworth Road Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English FA Cup

Advertisement block

Advertisement block


Commentary to begin soon

There are currently no key moments to display.

Are you sure you want to delete this event?

Delete Cancel

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews


9 November 2018

The Hatters take on Wycombe Wanderers in the Emirates FA Cup first round tomorrow aftern at Kenilworth Road – as Nathan Jones' side aim to replicates last season's run to the third round.

Town have played the Chairboys already this season, drawing 1-1 at Adams Park in Sky Bet League One.

The Hatters head into this one in decent form, having only been defeated once in their last ten league outings, winning five of their last seven.

Gareth Ainsworth's side aren't in bad shape either, having picked up four victories from their last six league games.

In last season's FA Cup, the Town reached the third round of the competition, defeating Portsmouth at home in the first round 1-0, before going up to Gateshead and putting five past them. The third round draw saw the Town play away at Premier League Newcastle United – 7,500 Town supporters made the journey up to watch Jones' team lose 3-1 on the day, but who knows what could have happened had Danny Hylton's strike to make it 3-2 not been ruled out for offside!

Wycombe reached the third round as well, beating Solihull Moors 2-0, before defeating Leatherhead 3-1. That earned them a home draw against Preston North End – with Wanderers on the wrong end of a 5-1 score line.

A reminder to supporters that they can use their contactless cards at food and drink kiosks around the ground! The Hatters bar will have a contactless card only till, so make sure you take advantage to avoid the queues! 

International subscribers will NOT be able to watch this game live on iFollow Hatters.


On facing a fellow League One side: "I think in these rounds it's just another game and ironically we have prepared like it's another league game because we have pulled somebody from our own league. With no disrespect to anyone, there's no romance playing Wycombe – we've played them seven or eight times since I have been here.

"We've played them once already in the league, we're going to play them again in the league and then we're going to play them in the cup. They've gone out of the Checkatrade, otherwise I was just thinking we'd get them in that as well!
"It's a real tough game, we've not rested people, we've used our squad for certain things, because we have our own agenda here and how we want to finish and what we want to accomplish – the FA Cup is a big part of that.

"We had a wonderful little run last year and going out in the third round against Newcastle United is no blemish on our reputation anyway and then meant we could concentrate on the league. They were three real tough games against Portsmouth, Gateshead and Newcastle, so we played a real blend.

On facing Wycombe: "They are usually very, very tight games. There was one game when we won 4-1 at home, but I think that's the only one really that's been a comfortable one at home and it wasn't exactly comfortable, but the score-line suggests it was far more comfortable than it was.

"Apart from that, they're really tight games, congested games, we know what we're going to come up against in how they play and how they play against us especially. So it's always a tough game to play against them and we know we're going to have to be at it."



It was a difficult start to life in the third tier for Wycombe this campaign, but their recent form has been terrific, winning four of their last six outings, including a brilliant 1-0 win over Peterborough United on Saturday. They currently find themselves in 15th with 21 points after 17 games.

Adams Park is proving to be a bit of a fortress, but away from home the Chairboys have struggled slightly, picking up just one win, although they did get a creditable 2-2 draw at table topping Portsmouth.


Kick-off is at 3pm at Kenilworth Road on Saturday 10th November.


Tickets for the game are currently on sale from the LTFC Ticket Office, with reserved seating in affect. Subject to availability, cash turnstiles for the Main Stand, Main Enclosure and Kenilworth Road End will be available.


Tomorrow's match will be overseen by Craig Hicks, who has refereed 16 games this campaign, dishing out 55 yellow cards and three red cards.


Take advantage of the fantastic car parking deal we have on for supporters, click here for more info!


If you're a Wycombe Wanderers supporter heading to Kenilworth Road for tomorrow's game, click here to have a look at our away supporters' guide.


The Hatters have faced Wycombe once in the FA Cup, when Steve Howard netted twice, and Kevin Nicholls got the other in a 3-0 win at Kenilworth Road in the second round back in 2004.


The main blow-by-blow account of the action from Kenilworth Road will be provided via the Match Centre on the club website, which you can access by clicking here. (*Please note that the club's Live Text will appear only by accessing through an internet browser, users of the Luton Town FC app will receive updates from Opta... the EFL Digital team assure us they are working on a fix to get club updates onto the app)

The main moments from the game will appear on the Hatters' social media feeds:

Twitter – @LutonTown
Facebook –
Instagram –

And of course Simon Pitts will be on hand to provide commentary for iFollow Hatters which you can subscribe to by clicking here. A live stream of the game will not be available live on iFollow Hatters for international subscribers.

Advertisement block

Match Reports


Shinnie and Cornick net their third goals of the season to see Hatters through

10 November 2018

The Hatters made it through to the second round of the Emirates FA Cup with a comfortable 2-0 win over fellow Sky Bet League One club at Kenilworth Road this afternoon.

Andrew Shinnie marked his 50th appearance for the club with the opener four minutes before half-time, then Harry Cornick joined the Scot on three goals for the season to seal their passage through to Monday night’s draw with just under 20 minutes to go.

The win made it five games unbeaten in all competitions for Jones’ side, who have now gone 15 matches without defeat at Kenilworth Road since Accrington won here last March.

Jones made one change to his starting line-up from last week’s goalless draw at Rochdale, with Cornick coming in from the start as Danny Hylton served the first game of his three-match suspension (four including Checkatrade Trophy) for his sending off in Lancashire.

That meant James Shea was in goal, behind a back four of Jack Stacey, Matty Pearson, Sonny Bradley and James Justin. Glen Rea anchored the midfield alongside Pelly-Ruddock Mpanzu, Shinnie and Elliot Lee, with Cornick up front alongside James Collins.

The Town started like a train, Cornick racing onto a short back-pass from Joe Jacobson in the second minute, only to be denied by a good save by Ryan Allsop as he let fly from 18 yards.

Collins was next to have a go on five minutes, although his 25-yarder was too high, as the Hatters zipped the ball about on a surface soaked by a pre-match downpour.

Cornick fizzed a low ball across the penalty area that no-one could get on the end of before Shea had to race out of his box to make a block tackle on Alex Samuel and set the Hatters playing again.

Wycombe had a sight of goal on 18 minutes when Jason McCarthy’s right-wing cross found Fred Onyedinma, but the on-loan Millwall striker’s header looped harmlessly over Shea’s crossbar.

The Hatters were the side playing on the front foot though, and Bradley headed Justin’s 25th minute corner narrowly wide before Lee sent a 25-yard free-kick to almost exactly the same part of the advertising board after Cornick had been fouled by McCarthy three minutes later.

McCarthy became the first into referee Craig Hicks’ notepad in the 34th minute when he took Justin out as the Hatters full-back flew down the left after another long spell of Town possession.

The breakthrough deservedly came four minutes before the break, and the move started with Bradley instantly controlling a difficult ball pinged back to him inside his own area by Shinnie.

The centre-half showed great composure, not to mention footwork, to keep the ball and trigger a passing sequence that, apart from Marcus Bean briefly intercepting for Wycombe on the Town left, soon switched to the right wing where Mpanzu fired a wonderful pass to find Shinnie.

The Scottish midfielder drifted inside and unleashed a beauty of a left-footed shot that arced around Allsop and in off the far post from 25 yards.

Shinnie turned architect three minutes later, finding himself in exactly the same position but this time slipping Collins into the area, and although the striker looked to have marked his 400th career appearance with a superb finish, the flag was already up for offside and it remained 1-0 going into half-time.

Bradley, who was a rock all afternoon alongside the equally obdurate Pearson, came close to opening his Hatters account three minutes after the break when he met Justin’s left-wing corner with a thumping header that Dominic Gape headed off the line.

Shinnie soon hobbled off, to be replaced by Jorge Grant on his return from injury, and Wycombe had a couple of openings – Samuel cutting back for Gape to scuff his shot well wide, before Shea made a comfortable save from Paris Cowan-Hall.

On the hour the Hatters went close again, Pearson getting an initial shot away from Justin’s low corner, which landed at the feet of Lee, who swivelled and fired towards goal, but Allsop pulled off a terrific block.

Lee wriggled his way across the edge of the penalty area to fashion a shooting chance on 67 minutes, and after his effort was deflected wide, Rea met Grant’s corner but couldn’t direct his header on target.

Wycombe made a double substitution with just over 20 minutes to go, introducing former Hatters striker Craig Mackail-Smith and Randell Williams in attack for Samuel and Cowan-Hall.

But it was the Town who went two goals to the good in the 72nd minute, with Chairboys skipper Adam El-Abd presenting the opportunity on a plate to Cornick.

The centre-half appeared unaware of the former Bournemouth man lurking behind him as he back-heeled it in the vague direction of his goalkeeper from 25 yards out. Cornick snapped up the chance, firing across Allsop and into the far corner for his third goal of the season.

Almost immediately Shea was forced into a good save at his near post by Williams, but Grant was soon crossing dangerously towards Collins at the other end, then – after McCarthy had headed it behind – the on-loan Nottingham Forest midfielder saw a 25-yard free-kick deflected just over the bar after Lee had been fouled by Bean.

Collins had a hooked effort cleared off the line on 77 minutes, but the Hatters were comfortably seeing the game out until Pearson fired a low shot on goal, then produced a tremendous block on Mackail-Smith at the other end in injury-time.

Kazenga LuaLua, who had come on for man-of-the-match Lee with three minutes of normal time left, called Allsop into action one final time with seconds remaining, but the Hatters didn't need the extra buffer, they were already safely through as ball number 35 in Monday's draw with a thoroughly professional performance.


TOWN: Shea, Stacey, Pearson, Bradley, Justin, Rea (c), Mpanzu, Shinnie (Grant 52), Lee (LuaLua 87), Cornick, Collins. Subs: Stech, McCormack, Jarvis, Jones, Sheehan.

Goals: Shinnie 41, Cornick 72

WYCOMBE: Allsop, Jombati, Jacobson, Gape, El-Abd (c), Bean (Kashket 85), Cowan-Hall (Williams 69), Thompson, Onyedinma, Samuel (Mackail-Smith 69), McCarthy. Subs: Stewart, Yates (GK), Freeman.

Yellows: McCarthy, Bean

REFEREE: Craig Hicks


ATT: 5,343 (786 away) 

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Hatters Player Next Match Tickets Account